PRESTATYN TOWN (Bastian Gardens)

A bonus game for today. The sun was shining so what better way to spend an afternoon than a trip to the seaside and a chance of a re-visit to Bastion Gardens. Obviously, I went sans bucket and spade!

Unfortunately today I was witness to a rather drab encounter between two poor sides. Aber must be wondering how they came away without at least a point as they hit the bar, the post (twice), had a shot kicked off the line, had a goal disallowed and missed a penalty.

The Prestatyn goal came from this penalty miss as Town 'keeper John Dunt saved Graham Evans' tame shot, got up, threw the ball to Ian Griffiths on the half-way line, who proceed to run on and slot the ball home for the winner.

A lot of work has taken place at Bastion Road since my last visit a few years ago, notably on the main stand, and the ground looks very neat and tidy. Hopefully this result will go some way to ensuring Premier League football next season.

The only question I was asking myself at the end of the game was "Where was the cat?"
















Jon Dunt saves Graham Evans' penalty kick





Here is the picture of said cat from my last visit in 2006.
(Picture is taken courtesy of the Prestatyn Town website. I hope they don't mind).



Sunday 29th March 2009
Welsh Premier League
Prestatyn Town 1-0 Aberystwyth Town
Attendance: 375

No comments:

Post a Comment