WEMBLEY STADIUM

FA CUP SEMI FINAL 2009
Sunday 19th April
Manchester United 0-0 Everton
(Everton win 4-2 on Penalties)
Attendance: 88,141

My first chance to see my beloved Everton play at the new Wembley. Whether you agree with the semi finals being played at Wembley or not (I personally do not) it still turned out to be a great day.

The game itself was pretty poor as Everton, expecting to underdogs, suddenly found themselves favourites with Fergie's team selection. The blues just couldn't get going and it turned out to be a war of attrition. There was a sense of inevitability it would go to penalties, but given our record I didn't expect to win!

It was Jags who netted the all important spot kick and It means the blue boys will be back for the final in 4 weeks time, but there is no chance of me getting a ticket for that. I will be there in spirit though, quite literally! Hic...




Obviously a Marouane Fellaini fan!







1950's star striker Dave Hickson

1970's fancy dan Duncan McKenzie






There's only one Tony Hibbert!

Joleon Lescott salutes the fans





No comments:

Post a Comment